Tuesday 10 June 2014

In Search of: Living Well


Welcome.

It has been awhile. According to my stats, nigh on 13 months in fact. I have been having a long think, but perhaps more importantly, I've gone through this time 'doing'. This time for me has been about action, rather than contemplation. I have learnt a great deal. It has not been an easy or straightforward path, from May 2013 to June 2014, but I am here. Feeling a little older, a little fitter and perhaps more importantly, feeling far more uncertain.

Uncertainty is one of the most difficult feelings to endure. It is the tug in several conflicting directions, outcomes unknown. It is feeling the pressure to make a decision, but knowing the decision once made, cannot be undone.

It is about the Learning Mind. To sit within the space of uncertainty requires courage, patience and the realisation that you are completely responsible for the outcome. There is no one else to blame, should it all go horribly wrong.

There is the bumper sticker that reads: There are only two certainties in Life: Death and Taxes.

It is a universal truth.

However much you might try to argue with that, everything in between birth and death is subject to change. Life is change. Our moments here so very fleeting in the book of the cosmos.

What I say here, is my opinion. I say what I say with the best of intentions and I hope you read those best intentions in the spaces between my words. I write now with my Uncertain Mind. 

In the last 13 months, I came to realise that a person can do everything 'right' and follow all of the 'rules' and it all goes to shit.

There really isn't a Top 10 Tips to Be Happy, or Be Successful, or Be Amazing in Bed. There are good strategies to negotiate Life, I certainly am not refuting those. I just think 'being happy', 'being successful' or being whatever, is so personal and subject to the circumstances around the personal that to reduce everything to a set of bullet points, is missing the point completely.

Life is complicated.

And sometimes, it's very painful; and actually, that's just how it is.

I will dust off my Facebook Page, I haven't lost my love of the motivational memes, silly pictures and my drive to share good news stories. I would love your company. Please come by again.

10 comments:

  1. It is what it is. So true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is what it is. But, it might not be like that tomorrow.

      Wait and see. :)

      Delete
  2. Right now, I will settle for just 'being'. The happy part will come down the road somewhere. But it's nice to see you back here again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back. Thank you for your welcome.

      "Being" is our default position. It's the taking care of the day to day stuff: work, bills, eat, sleep etc. It's the place that soothes when things are painful. It reassures because it doesn't change unless you make major decisions. There is comfort in being.

      The challenge is to find and accept happiness in being.

      Sending you masses of hugs darling.
      xxx

      Delete
  3. I was going to write a post about plans... I'll write it eventually... but I am rubbish at making decisions and I sometimes feel like a grasshopper.
    Contentment is what I aim for... which means a nice steady feeling, it's very hard to achieve for any length of time. Anyhow, I hope that whatever is going on with you comes good.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt in Trinidad has a saying: When Man make a Plan, God laughs.

      I have been giving God a lot of laughs.

      I will stalk you until you do that post! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you darling, it feels so good to be back! I'm planning my next post.

      xxx

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear from you.

    Expectations. For me, expectations are the source of all pain. It took me more then 25 years to learn that and work at letting go. letting go everything: hopes, dreams, goals, plans, etc. I now live my life more as a spectator than an actor. Sounds strange when put this way. Even more strange in reality. I gave up trying to explain. It's as if I'm not actually living but more lke "I am lived". I know. Doesn't make any sense. But that's only "my story".

    Hope you'll keep the light on. I will set my sails in your direction. :)

    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your approach is very Buddhist. Remove desire and accept what is! No, it doesn't sound strange to me at all. The universe flows through you, rather than the other way round.

      It sounds like a very good way to be.

      It's very good to be back, I must say.
      x

      Delete

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome. Pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee, make yourself at home.